Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Goodwill Treasures

Savvy Southern StyleYesterday as I was reading my way through blogland, I came across a post about "The Thrill of the Hunt" posted by Embellishments by SLR.  She had found some really great treasures at none other than a Goodwill store in her community.  I enjoyed this post so much that I just had to make a trip by Goodwill yesterday.  I have to pass by the store to get to Walmart and well...ya know...there is some sort of magnet in that store.  We have a great Goodwill here for such a small town.  I have been to several of the surrounding Goodwills within an hour from our town and our Goodwill by far wins.

This is what I found...not a lot...but enough to give that little thrill of finding a bargain.  I know...seriously?  I'm so low maintenance!



These two little decorative pumpkins were $.99 each and I added them to my Fall mantle.  The more the merrier, right?

This little glass container was $1.99.  I added some Indian Corn and a bow and it made a really nice piece in our family room.  After Fall...I can use this throughout the Christmas holidays as well!


Can we say Gobble, Gobble?  How cute is this.  Made of wood...and other "earthy" thingy's!  I just love this little turkey.  He found a place in my dining room to bring in the eating of da turkey!  $1.99 Goodwill!!

and what to my wondering eyes did appear?  Ummm...oh right, it's Thanksgiving...BUT...I knew that SOMEONE out there would toss their little pumpkin salt and pepper shakers if I waited long enough!  $2...got them!  Love them.

There were so many other things that I loved, but clearly didn't need...*shivers a bit*.....and I just got the things that jumped off the shelves into my buggy.  If you've been reading any of my prior posts you can always find Goodwill finds throughout them.  I am totally hooked on "The Thrill of the Hunt" for sure!!

Go check out this blog about all the kitchen items I found at Goodwill!  Goodwilling for the Kitchen


Linking to these parties:
Coastal Charm

At Home with K

Savvy Southern Style

5 comments:

  1. Mtashie, thanks so much for the mention in your post! That is so sweet of you!! It appears that you came away with some treasures, as well! Love the glass container! How festive to fill it with fall accents! You are right, you can change this with the seasons. And the little turkey is just too cute! And the cute little pumpkins can be reused year after year! Great thrifting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new additions. Too funny about the pumpkin shakers. I was at Walmart yesterday - where they had so many cute things. I told myself I'd wait for them to show up at Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grammy.....eventually they will!! Check Goodwill out after the Fall decor comes down! They are already tempting me with some amazing Christmas items at our Goodwill. I've been collecting Santa's all year and I think this year I will have an all Santa mantel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little turkey is darling. I never buy new things. Eventually anything I need will turn up at a yard sale or a thrift store or quite possibly mu hubs has it in an old shed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here Olive! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete