Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Oh The Weather Outside is Delightful!!

Down South here in "Gawja"...the weather is perfect.  65 yesterday morning!  Seriously!!   I know there has got to be one more bout of hot, humid weather...but for now, I'll take the loveliness of this weather .  It makes me want to go outside and plant flowers.  My outside is HORRIBLE.  I turned a deaf ear to its howling this summer and refused to take part in the have a stroke heat.  My flowers are dead.  Past dead.  Flammable dead.  I did manage to get outside late yesterday afternoon and clean the dead flowers out of the clay pots...pull weeds, prickly things and anything else that was in my way.  Hub went out last night and was happy to set fire to it all.  He was like a kid in a candy store...only he had citronella fuel and a really big lighter.    I'm so happy we have that fire pit out back.  Comes in so handy!!  Gives my man some power with the fire every now and then!! So,  I will order more pine straw for the winter.  I will replant my front porch so the neighbors won't think we're totally just lame over here.  The patio.  Well?  I normally leave it alone during the winter months.  Every year I say I'm going to replant and never do.  Extremely hot weather and extremely cold weather are major turn offs for me.   I made my way to the front porch yesterday morning and cleared out the dead flowers.  All my containers are empty now.  I'm ready to do some Fall planting to spruce things up.  Maybe on Sunday.  I feel a Lowe's trip for some mums coming up.

I also have a side entrance that needs sprucing up.  Here's a couple of Goodwill finds that I haven't showed you yet that I use on that side of the house.
I found this about a month ago at Goodwill.  It hangs next to my back door and has a small candle in it.  I love to be outdoors at night with candles....
This is on the side of my house.  The seat cushion I had...exploded.  No, seriously.  I was able to witness a totally rotted out cushion and during a rain storm it exploded.  No joke.  You might want to watch that!  Beware of exploding outdoor cushions!!  Anyhoo...found this very colorful cushion at Goodwill for $5.  It wasn't long enough...but I chanced it when I bought it.  I had these 2 pillows and I don't think it looks so bad, right?  The pillows sort of fill in, right?  Ahem.

I actually have plans this weekend.  Seriously!  My BFF, Marsha lives about an  hour away from me and I   never go up there.  She always has been so wonderful to come down to see me...her hometown.  I have a very clingy 10 year old.  Clingy.  I can't stress that enough.  If my BFF is coming...she's right there to join in on the girls activities and will cry tears if we leave her out.  Marsha has been very sweet to always tolerate this.  BUT...this time I'm going solo.  Hannah isn't happy about it.  I think she's afraid we might get into some sort of trouble, which is possible when the two of us get together...but I'm uber excited to be going Saturday for a girls day out.  I'll be featuring her kitchen makeover next week.  Regretfully, I don't have any before pictures...I didn't know I would be blogging when she was remodeling...but I'm sure the after pics are going to be great.  I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard about it and I'm excited for her.  She has promised to take me to Goodwill and some other stores that our small town doesn't have....it'll be nice to get away from hub and Hannah for an afternoon and early evening.  I'm sure hub is going to have a great day with Hannah here. I'd be willing to bet they go to Goodwill without me!

That's all I've got for now......later!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments. I am following you back. Welcome to blogland. Looking forward to keeping up with each other's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! We live in Tennessee and it has been just gorgeous here today also but I saw where it will be back up around 90 degrees before to long. That's just September in the South!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Judy-thanks for following! Trying to get this blog going!

    @Alicia-My bro and his family live in Seymour, TN. and our daughter/son in law live in Nashville. Lots of reasons for us to visit up that way! I know the 90 is coming back...sighs.

    ReplyDelete