Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Rescuing Goodwill Stuff

I just don't know what Goodwill would do without me around.  There has never been a time that I haven't walked in there and something struck my interest.  I don't always buy what I would like to...because then, ummmm....I'd be a hoarder, right?  I really only buy things I could use or things that just jump off the shelves into my cart.  What?!

I have been looking for an end table for our family room.  The el cheapo one I had, the drawer finally broke off and frankly, I was so glad it did.  So...I've been stalking Goodwill for an end table.  I had already made up my mind that I would probably have to refinish it or paint it and I was happy to do so.  Sort of.  BUT.....I walked in Goodwill a few weeks ago and noticed on their front door they were having a 50% off furniture sale.  Cha-Ching!  I was so in hopes something was back there in the furniture section that would not kill my budget or drive me insane on the makeover.  I was surprised at what I had found....







This made me very happy!!  Not only was it in perfect condition, it was just what I needed for the family room.  I DID. NOT. HAVE. TO. PAINT. IT.!!!  It was a drop and go.  Done.  Perfect.  The table was marked $34.99 and I got it for 50% off.  Deal or what?!

*Does a little happy dance*  For those who wait...it will come!


Saturday's have turned into a day of thrifting with Hannah.  I have my cozi.com cleaning schedule working for me all week and Saturday is a free day.  Yesterday was Diva Day in our little quaint town.  This is a day that we enjoy doing together.  This year was even more bigger than the previous years.  It was moved to a larger place and it was so crowded that we could barely move around.  There were homemade items there....and there were booths set up for Mary Kay.....Tupperware....but mostly there was jewelry.  Frankly, it was so shoulder to shoulder...we were just happy to get out of there.  We then drove around to some consignment shops and ended up at Goodwill.

Look what Goodwill had to offer....


Neat, huh?  I'm not sure exactly what it was used for.  It says on the bottom...microwaveable.  ?  Anyhoo...I decided to use it to store my instant hot chocolate.  For $2.99...why not?

Cozi tells me I have baseboards to clean today....and both bathrooms....and I was lazy yesterday and did not do any laundry...so this may turn out to be a rather busy afternoon for me.

Until next time....have a wonderful Sunday!

Linking to these parties!

Charm Bracelet Diva
The Thrifty Home
Home Savvy at Oz
2805

4 comments:

  1. Great table and your little chocolate cup is fantastic too. Oh I do so need to clean baseboards, don't remind me. Have a super Sunday. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find! You struck gold at the "GW."

    Your newest follower stop by for a blog visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Vicky and becoming a follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great finds! I didn't do any thrifting last week; but, I did put up a post today about how I repurposed one of my previous finds. Come by when you get the chance! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete