Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 14, 2011

Antiquing She Says!!



My sweet, baby girl Hannah is so much like me.  Some days I am so aggravated with her and most times I sit back and watch her and realize she's just like me.  She is so headstrong.  She is so determined to be right all the time.  She will fight the fight until the bitter end.  Sounds so familiar in my head.  I was the rebel in our family growing up ( so I've been told, ahem) and Hannah has clearly taken that role over.  She is passionate about the things she feels are right.   When I began the blogging journey a few years ago with a private blogging group, she wanted to blog.  I set her a page and she started off strong, but with no one but me following her, she became bored.  When I started thrifting, she was right there with me every step of the way.  She calls it "antiquing".  She has already informed me that this sounds much better than saying I went to Goodwill.  Maybe in "her" world, but not "mine".  When I finally caved and joined facebook, she begged until I allowed her to have a facebook page.  Now she could play the games and have a friend following, just like me.  I was skeptical about it at first, but I manage the page and keep up with what is going on.  Now that I've become a decor/thrifting blogger, she wants to be a blogger.  I've explained to her that she can not have her own blog page because of her age...but one day perhaps?!  So...she signed up on facebook for another page and called it "Hannah's Antiques".  That's my girl!  She wanted to share her treasures!! This is only for her school friends and I don't have any idea what they think of her antiques, but she continues to post pics and talk about each item that she treasures.  I blogged about her special things on one of my blogs and now I think it's time for Hannah to be able to blog about it.  So...with that said, I'm announcing Hannah's antiques blog that will be done by her every Saturday on my blog.  This is not some little kiddie blog, I can assure you she has treasures to share!  I told her this morning to start thinking about what she wants to blog about tomorrow.  I hope you'll join in on the fun and comment on her posts.  She'll love it I know.  She's a very serious thrifter and Saturday's have turned into our special thrifting days together.  I hope one day when she has a daughter she can take her thrifting and tell her about the fun we always had together.

I can't wait to see what Hannah chooses first to share with the blogging world!  I hope you tune in tomorrow for a real treat!

On a sad note, our family lost another family member this week.  He was only 66. He has struggled so long with diabetes. This disease is a silent disease many don't think of and I hold it very close to my heart, since I am a diabetic as well.  This death was a wake up call for me to take better care of myself.    I also have a friend from way back in my past that is in the last stages of cancer.  She's only 51.   My heart breaks for her and her family.  Prayers are needed for these two families and I hope you will join in with a small prayer for strength and courage for them to get through these difficult times. 

It's Friday, ya'll!!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment