Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dining Table Fall Decor Setting

Again.  I know, seriously?  I keep adding to this table for some reason.  I can't help myself.  The other day as I was looking around in my pantry, I saw 2 boxes.  I had totally forgotten about them.  They were wooden boxes that stored turkey dessert plates that I had found a very long time ago from Goodwill.  I usually try to use them at Thanksgiving.  They had never been used and if I'm remembering correctly I paid less than $10 for both sets.  The print on the outside of each box said, Pottery Barn.

See?


Gobble plates...you can imagine when I slid the top off the box,  how I felt seeing these awesome plates.  Just having the wooden boxes to store them in was great.
I snatched up both boxes.  I've decided to add them to the place setting on my formal dining room table.  Here's what I did...I moved the cup and saucer off to the side and added the plate to each place setting.
Gobble...Gobble I say!

Before pic:

After pic:

All better now.  Dollar Tree has these really beautiful fall leave glasses.  I passed them by.  I don't why I do things like that.  They were ONE DOLLAR EACH.  They're probably all gone now.  If you're out and about and have a Dollar Tree...check them out.  I've seen these glasses on several table settings throughout blog world!  They are truly beautiful.

I can't wait to show you what one can of white paint can do around the house.  I didn't go crazy....but I did paint a couple of things.  I can't wait to share with you on the next post!

Linking up with these parties!


A Stroll Thru Life

Home Savvy at Oz

2805 Potpourri Party

Inspiration for Celebration

10 comments:

  1. You fall table setting is beautiful! I love the turkey dessert plates. I found the cutest turkey at JoAnn's and I made a wreath for my kitchen door with him. I can't wait to see what you've been painting...I'll be following along.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gail...I'm in OCD mode on the Fall Decor thing....Christmas may throw me over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the cutest plates ever. You certainly are getting sucked in, I mean caught up in Fall decorating LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost bought a crow at Dollar Tree yesterday and that would have been the beginning of the end for me for Halloween decor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table looks great ... and I love that you're still tweaking! The plates that you added look great, in fact your entire table looks good! I'm all about having fun with decorating ... Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tablescape. Love those turkey plates, how fun is that. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Table! I will have to check dollar tree-I'm a sucker for stuff like that:)
    I would love it if you would share your pretty fall table decor at my October "It's a Celebration" link party!
    Christina
    http://www.inspirationforcelebration.com/2011/10/its-celebration-link-party-october-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by Christina...and I absolutely will!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table is beautiful and the turkey plates are adorable! Thanks for linking to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Honey...and ummmm...go to bed??

    ReplyDelete