Here it is plated up...
Here's the recipe:
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350
degreesF (175 degrees C). Coat bottom of a medium baking dish with about 1/4 cup olive oil.
- In a small bowl, blend remaining olive oil, tomato paste, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Arrange tilapia fillets in the prepared baking dish, skin side up. With a spatula, spread the olive oil and tomato paste mixture over the tilapia, heaping the majority in the centers of the fillets. Arrange onion and green pepper slices on and around the fillets.
- Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, until fish is easily flaked with a fork. Remove from heat, top each fillet with 1 tablespoon butter, and set oven to broil. Broil 5 to 7 minutes, until butter is melted and lightly brown
Here's the link to the recipe in case you would like to print it off.
This was so flavorful. The onions and peppers just exploded in your mouth. The tomato sauce mixed with the spices was just wonderful. If you're tired of the same old baked fish, try this recipe!
The asparagus was cooked on top of the stove. A little olive oil, salt & pepper to taste, fresh lemon juice and lemon zest. I like my asparagus a little crunchy and it was just perfect as a side dish.