Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Hannah!

Today is Hannah's birthday.  She'll be ll years old at exactly 11:10pm.  She has certainly kept us young and busy.  With two children that are 29 and 27, bringing back into the fold an "only" child again has been quite an experience.  For. Everyone. !!!

A pizza party tonight at our house.  As you know, themed parties are over here! On Saturday, two of Hannah's friends will join us at the Mall.  We're keeping it simple this year and I'm so pleased not to have been so stressed out days before her birthday party!!

This morning I got up and made her a chocolate cake.  Her favorite cakes are chocolate and red velvet.  She chose chocolate.  My pleasure to cook it for her.  Here's a pic of the cake....
Doesn't it look yummy??  I decided instead of candles this year, we would use this candle I found at Ross.  On it are candles and it says "My Party".  It always makes me a little squeamish to see someone BLOW candles out, especially if they're a spitter!  I thought this would be nice for Hannah to have for all of her birthdays from now on.  A keepsake for sure one day.

She's got quite an afternoon in store for her.  Her Aunt Kathy from North Carolina is here this week and I believe it's the first time she's ever been able to be here for Hannah's actual birthday.  She's signing her out early from school this afternoon and is being treated to a mani and pedi!  Am I jealous? YES!! 

We gave her a blinged up chandelier for her room that she has been wanting.  She actually opened this gift last night so she could enjoy it this morning while getting ready for school.  Her brother gave a huge eye roll when he saw the chandy this morning!  I tried to take several pics this morning...but such a glare from all the bling with the light on and with the light off....too dark!  I'll try again later this afternoon and share with you on another blog.  She also is an avid fan of the Wizard of Oz and I was able to find her a set of Oz glasses this weekend.  She loved them.  Tonight she'll receive a card with some shopping money enclosed for shopping on Saturday. 

It's hard to believe she's 11.  Time certainly does fly when you're having fun.  Happy Birthday to my beautiful Hannah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment