Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Let's Put It All Together...

Remember these?
The top pic is a gift...other 2 pics are from a thrift store in Nashville, TN.  Now what did I have in mind with all of this?  They clearly all match...could I bring it together and make a nice collection of these colors and pieces?  Sometimes my mind goes on overload and I can't even begin to figure out where something is going until I get home and I've lost the item at Goodwill to a much better shopper!
Might as well toss in this Goodwill lamp...for $5...say what?  A lamp is a no thinker...you can always use lamps anywhere in your home!!
It was just perfect how this came together and matched so well.  See?  You don't always have to use candles!!  This glass ball blended right in with this platter and made a perfect setting in my dining room!  It gave just the right height behind this platter.  The 2 pieces actually look to me as if they were purchased together.
This is on the 2nd shelf of the table.  It all just blended perfectly.  This 3 tiered server came with the plate from Kirkland's and the vase was a gift.  Can I even say enough about Kirkland's?  It's right up there with Ross as far as I'm concerned.  Great prices at both of these stores!
Sorry about the poor quality of the pic...it seems like every single picture I take in my dining room has an orange tint....I've changed the settings of my camera....still no can do....anyhoo...this is the entire table put together.

Just a few minor touches can go a long way in your decor.  I like a cozy looking home and I hope I'm accomplishing that.  Warm colors....I like to be able to feel the room when I'm in it.  My dining room connects to my kitchen.  See it to the right of the pic?  Brown walls in there and then I went lighter in this area.  My formal living room and dining room are all connected, so a fairly large area.  Going with lighter colors was a must in here.


A few weeks ago, I finally decided to do something about our master bedroom TINY closet and my dresser drawers.  That was an all day affair.  These areas almost smothered me to death while I slept.  I've been putting off the clean up for years!  I managed to donate to Goodwill lots and lots of clothing that either I couldn't wear any longer....sizes too big...sizes too small...scared to let go....but I did let go.  Six oversized garbage bags full!  Lots to share with you about all of that.  If I had known then that I would have started this blog...pics would have been a must and you could have actually viewed the process.

Speaking of blog.  I actually can't believe I'm doing this.  It's still in the trial and error process.  I'm not sure I'm making any sense here, sooooooooooo with that said...SAY SOMETHING!  I would love to hear your comments.  I, too, view A LOT of blogs and never comment...now that I'm a blogger...shame on me!  I should've interacted more, so I totally get you not saying anything...but for me...just this once...SAY SOMETHING!!  and be a follower!  This is week 2 and I have now had 300 views.  Who knew?  Geesh.  I'm just happy I've had one click!  I'm still trying to figure this thing out...I WANT A BUTTON!  Sighs...I see where to get one...but how to get it here is another issue.  I'll get there...I never thought I would figure it out this far!

This week just seems to have flown by.  You won't hear me say that often, but it has.  We've had two families in our town lose their children this week.  Please keep them in your prayers.  I can't even imagine.
Okay...outta here for now....I hope you come back tomorrow so I can show you what I did in organizing clothes in the master bedroom!!  I can now go to the hospital and tell someone which drawer my underwear is in and not be embarrassed of the mess!  Heh.




No comments:

Post a Comment