Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Part 2

 Here's Hannah last night with some of the neighborhood children.  Our neighborhood was kicking it last night.  It seemed like old times for me.  We always have a great turn out.  The roller haired girl...can we say OMG hilarious or what?!  Hannah did her usual witch costume....this year she said she was a good witch, the other 2 are obvious Auburn fans!

My parents and my son, Tyler came for dinner last night.  We had the usual crock pot full of chili along with some cornbread.



It was yummy!  I always have chunks of cheese and sour cream on the side for toppers.  I cooked enough chili for another meal this week.  We'll be topping off baked potatoes with the leftover chili.

I tried out my new recipe, Pumpkin Pie Croissants that I mentioned HERE in yesterday's blog.  They were DELICIOUS!  You have to make these.  You could not just eat one...they were very addictive!

It all starts with this....

2 cans and I got the BIG BUTTERY ones!!  You unroll each section and cut in half like this....

and then you put a little dab of the pumpkin mixture and roll up like a crescent!  Here's a close up of the pumpkin mixture....

Can you see the pumpkin...the pumpkin pie spice, sugar and cream cheese??  Here's what the crescent rolls stuffed with this mixture looks like....

and to top things off....you roll the crescent roll in a sugar/pumpkin pie spice mixture.  It gives it a really nice crust!

This is something different to serve around the holidays.  I hope you will try it!! 
Her last year trick or treating!  Sorta sad, ya know?!

Linking to these parties!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman

DIY by Design

Delightful Order

1 comment:

  1. It looks and sounds like you had a good Halloween. Maybe next year Hannah will find a little one to take trick or treating - so she can still have the experience, and maybe some extra treats for her.

    ReplyDelete