Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dining Room Tablescape

The finishing touches are complete for the dining room table.  I enjoy putting this table together so much.  There's always something old and something new here.

The deer is the centerpiece for this table.  I found this deer some time ago at Big Lots.  This was on an after Christmas clearance rack.  I purchased this long rectangular mirror from Kirkland's last year.  I have used it on various different table settings.  I love the way it captures the colors.  The votives are from Kirklands.  Remember how I put silk leaves inside of these for the Fall Decor?  I decided to keep things simple, since there was so much going on on the mirror.  I chose some really inexpensive glass red balls and then splurged a bit on the green and red larger ornaments.  I snipped the holly from a vine and was able to arrange them as needed for this centerpiece.  The fruit rings around the votives were a rummage sale find recently.  I paid $.25 for each one.....don't you think the frosted fruit is perfect for this setting?


 
 Here's an up close shot of the frosted fruit.  When I purchased these 2 rings at the rummage sale, the lady told me these were very expensive and they had belonged to her.  What a steal at $.25!!









The Christmas dinnerware was purchased several years ago and I can assure it was at a bargain.  I was able to find the matching velvet tablecloth at Target.  The linen napkin is from World Market.  I snatched 12 of these up for $3.78 per box of 4.  Three of these napkins have a different design on it.   This partridge is perfect!  I love the colors it brings to the table.




The red and pink snowflake napkin.....




The green snowflake napkin......


Here's a picture of the completed table.  I used four linen placemats.  The silverware is from my mom.  She had a bag of odds and end silverware that she was about to toss and I grabbed them!  It doesn't always have to match, right? 






The red cut glass ball in the crystal was Hannah's idea.  She was thrilled that I used it.  She was so much help in this decorating process.  She arranged the dishes for me and carefully placed each piece perfectly.  I am in hopes that she is learning so much from me and one day I can sit at her beautiful table for Christmas.








These red and green satin balls were a Big Lots find on a clearance rack.  Perfect for this table.  I have used them all together in a bowl for decoration, but this year and last year I liked this centerpiece and how it all looked together.










Last year I purchased this garland to wrap the light fixture with.  I added some holly clippings and wah-lah....





On my china cabinet I kept my silver candle holders and added this basket.  I had Hannah toss in the last of all of our mixture of ornaments and added these 2 crosses that I found at Goodwill.  The crosses were $.99 each and I was able to snag four of them for around the house.  I felt like it still needed some height to the arrangement and I headed off to The Dollar Tree and found this tinseled tree.  For $1...it was all I needed.  The oval shaped plate in the background was also a Goodwill find several years ago.  It's a hand painted platter that just spoke to me.  I had to have it and I've used it in various places around the house.  It just seemed to fit here for Christmas.










There is so much more to come!!  I can't wait to show you the kitchen table and then all of the various decor around the house.

Doesn't this Santa look like he is ready to assist me in the kitchen this holiday season?!


Thanks for stopping by and please join my site!  I love to hear your  comments and I will always go to your site and join in!  Please take a moment to comment!   :) 

Linking to these parties!

No Minimalist Here
Delightful Order  
Stuff and Nonsense 
The Charm of Home 
Be Colorful 

5 comments:

  1. I love everything. Wonderful idea of using the mirror as a platform for the centerpiece which BTW is beautiful. I love the deer and I love your plates...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful china and the napkins are gorgeous! Love the deer and evrythibg else too. Merry Chistmas.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and inspiring. Your table is so fun to see. I love your photos. Your table is very warm and inviting. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holiday tablescapes are so fun to create and yours is especially pretty. I really like how you decorated your chandelier. Thank you for sharing this on BeColorful.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home and have a very Merry Christmas!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete