Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas in the Kitchen!

Aren't the holidays just a bit overwhelming?  I tell you...between working all day....shopping...wrapping gifts AND decorating the house, this chick is tired!!  Sugarplums dancing in my head?  Ummmm....no.   If only, right?


So....I wanted to show you how you can bring Christmas into your kitchen.  Several years ago, I bought a 6 foot tree from Walmart.  It was an after Christmas clearance sale and I got it for $10!  I decided this tree would be mostly decorated with fruit and I headed to the after Christmas sale at Big Lots and found all the frosted fruit I needed to decorate this tree.  I used a berry garland to hold to the theme of fruits and last year, I added some other ornaments and some other gift ornaments from my daycare children.  Both of my trees have poinsettia's tucked away in the branches and last year I added the sparkly colored limbs to the tree.  

Here's a picture of how my kitchen tree turned out this year!





The kitchen table setting is very simple.  Since we use this table on a daily basis, no dinnerware here.  I try and keep it simple with some placemats that are kid friendly and then I added an arrangement to the center of the table.  I used a large white round platter I had to keep the arrangement together.  The two elves were a great find at Beall's a couple of years ago.  I did a mixture of colored balls and clippings of holly.  The two glass containers on each side of the arrangement is a Dollar Tree find.  I glued a glass candle holder to a glass vase.  I can change this out to whatever the season is I need it for.  For Christmas I decided to use miniature pinecones and frosted fruit that matched the tree ornaments.  I added the Santa this year.  A great find from Goodwill.  I decided he should be holding the pinecones that are in the glass votive.  Afterall...he is my helper you know!  I had 2 extra silk arrangements to put around the votives for that added touch. 

Here's some pictures.....






I love my kitchen Santa.  It looks like he is ready to begin the baking process.   I used my Goodwill cheese dome and placed as many colored balls as it would hold.



My windowsill could not go without something on it for Christmas.  I normally have a wooden silver sign that says "Merry Christmas" there, but this year I changed things up.  The musical box was purchased some 18 years ago on our honeymoon down in St. Augustine, FL.  They have the most amazing Christmas shops there.  The four coffee mugs were a find this year at Goodwill.  They had never been used and they were in a very nice container to store them in.  I paid $1.99 for all four.




 I purchased this white bowl from Goodwill this year.  For my Fall Decor I used pumpkins in it and then I just moved the pumpkins and added a couple of Christmas items.

 The bay window in the breakfast window could not go without any decorations on it.  I chose to put my "Merry Christmas" sign on the middle window and on the other 2 windowsills I used these cute little bunnies that were a gift to me years ago.


 I found this Santa years ago at a theme park Christmas store.  He has a special place on my rooster rack every year.  The children love to touch his beard.
 I found this bowl a few years ago at the Dollar Store.  I'm sure I can find SOMETHING to put in here! 



I hope you've enjoyed the tour of my kitchen Christmas decorations!  There's more to come......next blog!!


Please take a moment to join my site and become a follower!  I love reading your comments. Please let me know who you are and if you have a blog, you can be assured I'll be visiting!!

Joining these parties!

From My Front Porch to Yours
A Creative Princess  
Stuff and Nonsense 
Kristen's Creations 
No Minimalist Here 
French Country Cottage 
Home Savvy at Oz 

1 comment:

  1. Love your Christmas Kitchen..and I really love a tree in the kitchen. Your decor is so pretty and inviting...wishing you a wonderful holiday season...BTW..your newest folloer!!

    ReplyDelete